– Mushroom and Kale udon noodles –
Udon noodles are incredible. This was a really good recipe to make and it’s made a few portions for the week. The miso soup/broth is properly filling.
• Red onion (sliced)
• Spring onions
• Soy sauce
• Button mushrooms
• Miso (packets found in supermarket)
• Udon noodles
• Salt/pepper/five spice/cayenne pepper
• Coconut oil (replace with any frying oil)
1. On a medium heat fry the chopped garlic, ginger and sliced red onion in coconut oil. Throw in the chopped spring onion and add the spices and soy sauce for a few minutes.
2. Add in the chopped mushrooms and fry until mushrooms have soaked the flavour.
3. In a separate pan boil the kale for a few minutes.
4. In a separate pan (or the same as the frying veg to save washing up!) add water and the miso and bring to the boil.
5. Add noodles to the mix and cook for the allocated time.
6. Serve up with the kale, sprinkle some seeds, a squeeze of lime and a sprig of coriander.
Any questions, give us a comment. A lot of separate recipes out there for this one to make clearer broths, build more flavours etc. The food is kept simple and easy to make.
Some people ask where the chicken is but if you want to add meat, add it in! A common argument is that you need protein for growth but it exists in a lot of vegetables, beans, lentils and leafy greens. A debate goes on about plant proteins over animal proteins but I’d say if you enjoy meat, make it unprocessed but understand it’s not a necessity in your meals.